An Exfoliating Treatment that Reveals a Smoother, Glowing Complexion
Dermaplaning provides an effective and safe exfoliation treatment that promotes deeper product penetration, boosting the effects of skin care products while making the skin look and feel smoother and also reducing the appearance of acne scars. This treatment also works to remove facial hair that can trap dirt and oils.
This is a pain-free, lunchtime procedure that has zero downtime, and it is appropriate for most skin types and it’s safe in pregnancy. Like most exfoliation treatments, dermaplaning leaves your skin soft and smooth, and more able to absorb creams.
Add on to any Facial $30.00
Before Your Treatment
Here are some things to consider prior to a dermaplaning treatment:
- Avoid retinoids or retinols for at least one week prior to treatment, as they could cause skin irritation.
- Do not have other facial procedures, such as chemical peels, before treatment.
- If you have an active cold sore or are experiencing an active acne breakout, you should postpone your treatment. This treatment is not appropriate for treating active acne infection or rosacea.
These safe treatments can be done weekly for treating a specific issue. For maintenance, try having this procedure done monthly.
After Your Treatment
While there is no downtime following treatment, for about 30 minutes after your treatment your skin will have a warm, pinkish glow that will gradually fade. For the next 72 hours, however, your skin will be more sensitive and prone to irritation.
If significant skin flaking occurs, or if your skin becomes broken, call your skin care professional right away. Avoid pulling on flaking or broken skin.
Here are some things to avoid post-treatment:
- Sun exposure for at least three days or wear SPF 30 or greater and reapply often
- Excessive heat (outdoors, steam rooms, saunas, etc.) or strenuous exercise for at least three days after treatment
- Facial waxing for at least a week
- Exfoliation for a week or two